One Piece: New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reprisal [Historical]

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reprisal [Historical] - Page 2 Empty Re: Reprisal [Historical]

Post by Princess Mei Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:25 am

Kanna would look at the hand that had been held out to her in kindness, even if it was stained by blood. It seemed that in all of the chaos and roaring of voices Kanna had only discerned between those with power. She had been so reminded of what she didn't have that she hadn't processed what she very well ended up with. Jinno extending his hand to her was a reminder that the two of them were considered equal and his words only solidified that fact. She would reach to take his hand and stand with him. Although, feeling how shakily he was upon standing, Kanna was more inclined to move closer allowing him to use her as a means of support.

Kanna would walk with Jinno to the shared space the rest of the group was connecting and feasting in. It was enough to shed light on all of their faces filled with joy and etched with smiles. It was a sight that Kanna couldn't refrain staring at. The sadness and the ever looming anguish of having to wake another day at the hands of those brutes was all behind them now. She didn't have to fear falling asleep or waking up to another day's work. She didn't have to mind her manners or bend to the will of any marine. There were no more ranks to hold over her head and no power that would be held in comparison to her own. As they moved in to celebrate, Kanna would find that even she could smile in the face of her new friends, even if it was only for the night. "Thank you."

----

The Following Morning:

As Kiyoko replied with her question about how many times she needed to be sorry, Kaho would shoot her a glare that screamed she would feel eternal sorrow. She would hold up her hand to warn Kiyoko to mind her tongue while she pondered the situation again. With her eyes closed, Kaho would take a few deep breaths. While Kiyoko was right, Kaho was far more annoyed that the boy had managed to take off with her boat. There were plenty of ships in the harbor and he had decided to take off with the most expensive one tailored to her comfort needs. It was enough to make her clench her teeth with a tch.

"Alright, alright. I can make up a story to tell the higher ups. They only told us to come here for one reason and as far as I'm concerned, this was well outside of the scope. What I can't explain is how one of the most expensive ships in the fleet could get stolen so easily," Kaho would say slamming her fist on the table that would buckle under the weight of her rage. "I'll have this useless base turned to rubble and every last marine left with it!" Kaho would stand from her seat to turn away from the mess she had just made. An irritated sigh would escape her mouth before speaking again, "Well, we can't very well allow him to get away with taking my most valued nap spot. As much as I'm against it, making criminals of normal people is what the world government does best and we have to follow those orders. Get wanted posters of those two everywhere. The other servants are of no concern to me. We need to make it look like we care to some extent about this. Please, tell me you at least called for a new ship this morning. AND..." Kaho would say before turning toward Kiyoko again and leaning down to meet her gaze. "Well, Vice Admiral.. looks like I'm going to need you to get the crew ready."
Princess Mei
Princess Mei

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2