One Piece: New Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upgrades Please!

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Upgrades Please!  - Page 2 Empty Re: Upgrades Please!

Post by Makishima Sun May 07, 2023 3:28 pm

Hanako wasn’t sure why she needed to steer but figured it couldn’t be all that hard. “Revolutionary Army?” She raised a brow, looking between the Captain and the apparent first mate. “Is the whole army just you two?” It wasn’t much of an army, though they seemed to have spirit at least. Though she wasn’t sure what the revolution was meant to be for. With so much going on in her own little world, Hanako rarely had time for thinking about the bigger picture. Emma went on the defend him though. "I just don't want to bring any trouble to the shop okay? We're having enough of that as it is."

She wouldn’t have picked them for pirates, though she supposed that the term was a little loose at times. Anyone with a ship and a flag could claim to be a crew, some didn’t even have that, but they weren’t all ruthless criminals. This connection to one of the Emperors of the Sea was more surprising though. “A yonko? Really?” She looked to Emma for confirmation, then thought to what even lying about something like that might achieve. Interesting history, but it hardly helped him. If anything it sounded like the two had a more adversarial relationship.

Hanako found herself pondering the question for a while really, by the time she answered they were almost ready to board this bastion of the resistance. “Well I guess I’d like to have my own workshop… Not for working on ships though. That’s more a family thing I guess.” She had a little space of her own already, not as big as she would like, but her projects weren’t something she had ever gotten to show off before. “This is it right?” She tactfully changed the conversation, deciding they could pick it up later on as they stepped up to the docked ship.
Makishima
Makishima

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Mei Sun May 07, 2023 7:27 pm

The question of whether the whole "army" was just the two of them would have Emma laughing nervously at the idea. "For now," the woman would respond as Ika continued to spread awareness for his cause. Emma didn't have a single doubt in her mind that their crew would grow and they would do incredible things. However, she was still very concerned for Hanako's shop and the brutes that had been a problem to her earlier. A light frown showcasing that Emma wasn't happy with her explanation, but she wouldn't push the issue further considering she was unaware of the way this island was run.

As Ika spoke about Emma's role on the ship, she would smile and wave as if she hadn't already met Hanako prior to her introduction. Although, she was more than happy to hear that she was Ika's most trusted crew member, even if it was the two of them. In all honesty, she had complete and utter faith in him. The idea that Ika had a yonko brother would have Hanako glancing to Emma for confirmation, even if she had never personally met the man to begin with. A confident nod to Hanako would prove her trust in her captain, especially after the run in they had with that marine captain. There was no reason for her to believe he wasn't the brother of a yonko after that.

"You don't want to work on ships? What do you want to build then?" Emma was confused on why Hanako wouldn't want to work on ships, if she already had all of the skills to do so. Surely, they wouldn't go to waste on her. Well, whatever the case, Emma would begin to board the ship after hearing the woman ask if this was the correct one. The doctor seemed to enjoy her new floating home, even if she hadn't spent that long getting acquainted with it. It was better than her previous cold, damp room.
Princess Mei
Princess Mei

Back to top Go down

Post by Ika Mon May 08, 2023 1:40 am

Ika would do his best to read the girls mood from her inflections in tone and the way her face moved as he spoke. She was a bit harder to read than Emma was and seemed a whole hell of a lot more apprehensive. Ika smiled as Emma quickly jumped in, filling in behind her. "For now is right, we intend to grow and become a fully fledged crew in time and to help towns like this overcome unfair regimes such as the one you're currently dealing with. I don't care about discovering the One Piece, I don't care about riches or bounties or any of it. I want my name to inspire fear in the hearts of oppressive regimes and courage for the downtrodden. I want to make the world a better place, to use the freedom I'm afforded as a pirate for good. That's my dream Hanako, that's.. that's what I want to do going forward."

Ika nodded as Ika mentioned his yonko brother. "Sano Mazi is my brother by blood but in spirit we're nothing alike. He's not as bad as many, but to think of the good he could do for the world with his power.. it frustrates me to no end. I want to become as powerful as he is one day, and use it to help people in a way he never did."

Ika would grit his teeth, lazily holding his hands in his pockets as he watched the two girls board. "This is the boat alright, our pride and joy! Oh, and yeah I'm curious like Emma, what exactly do you want to work on eh?"
Ika
Ika

Back to top Go down

Post by Makishima Tue May 09, 2023 5:29 am

The pair were certainly sure of themselves, whatever this revolution was perhaps they'd make something of it someday. Hanako felt like these were the sorts of people they needed more of, doing good in the world instead of adding to the suffering of it all. "That's quite a dream. Aren't many like you two around." While she had been a bit apprehensive about the whole situation, the idea had brought a smile to her face. The Captain went on to speak about his brother, a name Hanako had heard of, at the same time though she wasn't too knowledgeable beyond that so she could hardly make a comment on it.

The conversation circled back around to Hanako herself. She hadn't ever really had anyone show much of an interest, beyond Ayaka at least, but if they wanted to know she finally had a chance to share. "I make weapons, firearms mostly. Not exactly quick enough to make a business for it, but I've made some pretty good advancements but they aren't ready for sale, not yet" She didn't look like much of an arms manufacturer, but her goals were more aligned with the challenge of the build. Less complex than a lot of the technology around the island. "I'll probably end up taking over the shop one day, so it'll be ships for me. Never know I guess." Hanako's dreams didn't seem to be nearly as single-minded as the two pirates though.

She walked on across the deck to find the wheel. "Soooo, what do I do? Are you sure you don't want to steer?" She wasn't a sailor, that was most abundantly clear. There was little guidance needed once they were underway of course, and she knew well enough how to get back to the workshop. Hopefully nothing could go wrong in a short time like that.
Makishima
Makishima

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Mei Wed May 10, 2023 8:12 pm

Emma would grin leaning on the railing of the ship as she listened to Hanako call out their dream as something else. She knew to others it may sound crazy and absurd. However, to them this was more than just a dream, but it was the future of all the people that came after them. "Being on the wrong end of the blade can change a person," Emma would respond as Hanako said there weren't many like them around. It was safe to say they had both been in a position that was unfavorable and potentially life threatening. Emma had lived in that world for most of her life.

She would remain leaning against the railing on her forearms as her hands dangled over the edge. She would listen to what it was that Hanako was really interested in building. It was interesting to hear that she was interested in building weapons, since it was likely they could fall into the wrong hands, especially in this town. However, in Hanako's own hands, they could be used for some real good and if she were to join the crew, it would be all the better for their cause. Although, Emma wasn't a fan of taking lives meaninglessly, so it may not be her place to hold a weapon of her own. "Is that really what you want though?" Emma would ask aloud, although she didn't expect an answer. This was a question she had been asking herself since she had been placed on the execution stand in front of all of those people. What did she want? Well, she wasn't quite sure yet, but her idea was to simply sail the seas as Ika's aid. Although, when it came to steering the ship, she pretended that she didn't hear a single thing.
Princess Mei
Princess Mei

Back to top Go down

Post by Ika Fri May 12, 2023 6:57 am

Ika smiled at Emma's response. It was true, it was hard to find pirates with their particular proclivities and backgrounds but they weren't necessarily the only ones, Ika was sure of it. He would find the other members and right now.. Hanako was an interesting case. "Firearms eh? You a pretty good shot? Lot of crews would kill to have a marksman who could also do weapon and ship repairs, a lot of them would probably pay you your weight in berries and let you have your shop on board."

Ika smirked, crossing his arms. "I mean if living here forever is how you want to spend your life I think that's your right obviously but.. I think you'll leave here some day Hanako. I think you've got bigger things in store than what this town has to offer, with or without those fucking bozos from earlier."

As the girl asked how to steer, Ika would smile and open the sails, letting the wind carry them forward for a moment. "Now you just turn the wheel in whatever direction you intend to go in. Of course if you're scared and don't think you can I suppose I can take over.."

Ika would cast a wry wink while leaning against the ships rails. A break felt.. oddly nice.
Ika
Ika

Back to top Go down

Post by Makishima Fri May 12, 2023 3:31 pm

Hanako had fortunately never had to worry about being on the wrong end of a blade, so she couldn't relate all the well. She didn't doubt her though. She did really had to think if being a weaponsmith was something she wanted to do as a career, while there was no doubt she enjoyed tinkering with her inventions she wasn't sure she had the drive to make a career out of it. Every one she had made were one of a kind after all, maybe minor tweaks to existing designs. It would be difficult to ever sell them. "Hmm, I dunno. What else could I do?" Though she was quickly offered an answer by the Captain. She hadn't ever considered a life at sea, though it had never really been too appealing to be stuck out at sea. What she hadn't considered was the ability to bring her knowledge with her. That was something. Before she could really answer though, Ika had directed her on what to do and she was suddenly called to action.

"Yeah, why don't you just have a break." She rolled her eyes before answering his question. "I'm a pretty good shot, but that's easy when you've a gun I've made" she sounded a little bit too confident, but she could back it up. With that, she went to steering them off toward the workyards. It was a short journey, and thankfully simple enough that Hanako had no troubles guiding them along to the port outside the shop. One of the workers was quick to help them move off into the sheltered area. The 'workshop' was enormous, large enough to work on a number of ships at once. The bow off the ship had been attached to a guiding line that allowed the machinery above to maneuver the ship with ease. "Alright, we're here!" She stepped up from the ship to the automated bridge that dropped down.

A gruff older man approached, with a faded but unmistakable blond in his hair. "New friends Hanako?" He looked concerned, looking over the pair following behind. "Customers! They're off to the Grand Line, so they want the best we got." She hefted the bag of berries "Think you can help them?" He looked over the ship idly, saying nothing at first before nodding curtly. "Three days, we'll have you down the line before you know it."
Makishima
Makishima

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Mei Sun May 14, 2023 3:30 am

Emma would listen to Hanako ask her questions about what other options were available to her. A knowing smile would cross her face, although a glimpse of utter defeat cold be seen slipping through the cracks. She was certain that all eyes would be on Ika as he told Hanako what was truly on his mind. In that moment, Emma would feel the happiness fill her heart again. "He's right, you know?" Emma would speak turning toward Hanako with her hands still pressed against the railing. "If this isn't what you want, then you'll never truly be free, will you?" Emma would lean her cheek into the palm of her hand as she stared out over the sparkling waters. "You have the freedom to choose were you to come with us."

With the offer wavering over the ship, it was evident that Hanako did indeed have options laid out before her. However, the first hurdle was the fixing of their ship and getting it ready to cross the grand line. Ika would teach Hanako how to steer the ship as Emma would watch the clouds and the birds flying high above them. What was her freedom? What did she want out of this life? Emma realized that being a doctor had never been her dream and, therefore, could never really be her own. She could utilize her knowledge and talent to save the lives of others, but that was a future cast upon her by her oppressors. So, what was it that she wanted to do?

Emma's thoughts would be interrupted by the ship pulling into port again. Emma would watch on as Hanako would step from the ship onto some sort of mechanism but would be caught off guard by another voice calling to her. It seemed that an older man knew who their new ally was, but he seemed to be incredibly well off. He was muscular and rather handsome for an older fellow. It didn't take him long to put a timestamp on their vessel. Emma would blink a few times before turning to Ika, "Three days? What are we going to do for three days? That's far too much time for us to be found, don't you think?" Her concerns were valid, but she didn't seem to realize that this island hadn't been occupied by any marines since they arrived.
Princess Mei
Princess Mei

Back to top Go down

Post by Ika Thu May 18, 2023 4:53 am

Ika would listen to everyone talk and chuckle along, though the real point of interest was how long it would take their ship to get out of the harbor. “Three days is the best we can do eh?..”

A stroke of the chin would be followed by furrowed brows, and Ika’s slowly tapping foot would seemingly keep pace with his thoughts and the clock to his back. “I mean it’s not ideal, you’re right about that but I don’t think we have anything to worry about. The navy never comes here, and those pirates from earlier weren’t so tough.”

As Ika finished his thought, he would smirk and raise his fist in front of him, watching flames dance in front of his eyes before turning to Hanako and Emma. “Speaking of.. I think I mentioned owing those bastards a visit on the way out of town anyway. Guess if they came for me it just makes my life a lot easier eh?”

Ika would wait a moment, allowing his fury to fester before putting that to the side for a moment. “That being said we’re gonna need somewhere to stay in the interim, Emma’s right that us wandering around isn’t exactly a good idea. Any idea where a good spot might be?”
Ika
Ika

Back to top Go down

Post by Makishima Thu May 18, 2023 5:21 am

"Lets keep the fire to a minimum in the workshop, eh? It'll be a lot longer if you burn the place down" The older man chuckled, mostly amused at the antics unfolding before him. He shakes his head at the apparent fight this young lad had with the Pirates on the island. "Three days is about as fast a turnaround as you're going to get. We'll see what we can do." He turned and pointed upwards as he walked down the dock. The few idle workers around stepped up from their breaks, wasting no time. "Hanako, why don't you show them to the house. We've got things under control here." Hanako deflated, rolling her eyes. "Alright.." As much as she preferred her own work, she had never really been allowed to help out around the shop. Only the safest tasks were allowed, even if she had shown time and time again just how capbable she was.

With her Father off to work, and the mechanisms of the workship whirring to life. Gears groaned to life, pulling chains from the depths that seemed to raise up around the ship to begin lifting it from the water below. A pair of younger men walked past, one leaping from the dock to catch a chain and clamber on up as it lifted. The other stopped to ruffle Hanako's hair as she dejectedly walked past. "You know how he is. Doesn't want his little princess in any danger." From similar blond of his hair, and what looked like typical older brother behaviour, it wasn't a difficult guess to figure out they were related. He followed along after his other sibling, apparently getting right to work even as their ship drifted through the air towards an empty bay to get everything underway.

Hanako kept her calm, deciding that no response was the best choice. "Well it's this way, we've got a property nearby." Her mood had shifted a bit, from the possible wonder of adventuring out in the sea to being denied helping in the family business even a little. They walked through the area, beyond a few other ships in various stages of construction or repair, and out into the street again. Upon the waterfront, there was a rather sizable building directly across from the workshop. A walled off lot with a heavy iron gate, seemed like the family was rather well off. It almost seemed like a bit of a scrap yard with its gravel floor. They walked on past a smaller shed with a precarious path leading to the entrance off to the side to the main building to lead them to the house itself. She opened the old door and walked on inside after fishing her key from a pocket in her coat. Inside was nicely furnished, clean but surprisingly devoid of people despite the size. The front entrance opened into a foyer that lead directly to a staircase and a pair of hallways to travel down. "Well, I dunno what you two were gonna do for the next little while. If you need anything from the ship we can collect it later." She shrugged, motioning to the stairs "Should be a few guest rooms empty up there, if they aren't filled with junk."
Makishima
Makishima

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess Mei Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:55 pm

Emma had been listening to the conversation and the teasing as she would smile softly. She had never had a family, but she hoped that one day she might find people to share her life with. When she was a child, she had always wanted a brother or sister and parents that would love her unconditionally. Sadly, it was all just a child's dream and had never came true. Now, she had the opportunity to start anew and travel the world, which was more than satisfying. Although, she wondered how long it would last and what she would do if it didn't. Still, she would choose to remain happy and optimistic.

As the shop began to whir and gears began to turn against each other, Emma would find herself gasping at the sight. She had never seen a ship pulled from the water before. Everything worked in tandem and the ship itself would rise from the sea flawlessly. It was an incredibly inventive sight. Her eyes would widen as her blue eyes soaked in the atmosphere as two young men would walk past them climbing among chains to reach their ship. She almost wanted to call out to them and ask them questions. She wanted to tell them to take good care of their home and be careful. However, she was sure they already knew that with the amount of passion she saw from them. They were shipwrights and this was their canvas.

Soon enough, Emma would realize she was lagging behind the others as she turned to run along the dock to catch up. She would glance back every now and then to watch the ship be brought to the bay. Finally, she would catch up with a smile larger than life. "Your family is really incredible. I can tell they care for you a lot. I'm sure they'd be happy to support your dreams, you know?" Emma would say aloud not really intending to change Hanako's mind, but give her a new perspective in the process. The duo would be lead to a house where Hanako would express that they could grab items from the ship later. "Oh uhm.. These clothes are all I have right now." Emma would respond with a shrug as her eyes searched the home.

Emma would turn toward the stairs and begin to wander up them as she looked everywhere, except where she was going. "I kind of thought your house would be filled with crazy inventions, but it's very normal. It's quite nice." Emma would compliment the family home. "Is it just your father and brothers then?" Although she didn't mean to pry, Emma typically spoke her mind too often for her own good.
Princess Mei
Princess Mei

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum